i promised yesterday write notes about running console/xorg gui on
trimslice, but due intoxication from color vapours i postponed that.
in general: it works :)
setup in details:
trimslice pro with ssd, /dev/sda1 as /boot, /dev/sda2 as lvm. on lvm is
swap, rootfs and crypted /home.
system is upgraded from spherical cow to schreodinger's cat.
u-boot: v2012.04-1.02 from trimslice.com
boot.scr is generated by arm-boot-config
hdmi port used is hdmi primary (between corner and rj45 connector)
xorg drivers tested:
- does not need any bootargs modification
- slow, and sometime crashes
- works only with xorg-x11-server-Xorg-1.13.0 due revert of one patch in
- needs cma=64M to append to bootargs
- faster and more stable (no xorg tracebacks noticed)
- also needs append cma=64M to bootargs
- fork of modesetting driver for communication to host1x controller
- also crashes (noticed only when switching channel tabs in xchat)
i have installed lightdm and WindowMaker, except accidental crashes, it
shows nice big 1920x1080 screen and is pretty usable.