On Tue, 26 Feb 2013 08:35:34 -0700
Tim Flink <tflink(a)redhat.com> wrote:
> Can Fedora Infra just rename the mailing list, so that all the
> history, settings and member list is kept intact?
I asked the same question a couple of weeks ago and the problem with
moving a mailing list is that all of the existing links to
archives on that list would be broken. From what I understand,
creating a new list is a better way forward.
It shouldn't be too hard to extract the membership list of
autoqa-devel@ and add it to the new list unless there are objections
to doing so.
Just to be clear, the process I'm talking about would end up being:
- request new qa-devel@ list
- migrate current autoqa-devel@ membership to qa-devel@
- disable new posts to autoqa-devel@
* change list description to show closed list, request to keep it
around for archives
- change all the trac instances currently using autoqa-devel@ to use
- change the reviewboard instance to point at qa-devel@
- hunt for links and references to autoqa-devel@ in the wikis and
This way, no current subscribers to autoqa-devel@ would have to worry
about subscribing to a new list, the old autoqa-devel@ archives would
stick around, new posts to autoqa-devel@ would be disabled and the
transition should be relatively painless.