Today, Fedora Badges folks met to continue planning for a Summer 2020
Outreachy intern. Next action items are to submit the proposal to the
Outreachy portal and to schedule the call with badgr-server upstream to
discuss our needs and intent to collaborate.
You can find the notes from the call in the Google Doc, or summarized below:
* Initial focus on containerization; how and where we deploy it
(Kubernetes / Communishift / OpenShift) comes after
* Kubernetes/containers might be more sustainable
* Maybe easier to use CommuniShift?
* #agreed - First step would be to create container image, put on
communishift, and THEN move to others when possible
* Sayan: django, python
* Misc: communishift
* Justin: Python, containers, issue triage
## Things to discuss with Badgr folks
* How to containerize badgr-server (see
* When will this be updated to python 3? (see
* Can we find someone from within Fedora to help contribute to make
this happen? (only one person dedicated to work on badgr currently)
* What are some “easyfix” tasks we could put up on GitHub before March
1st, when Outreachy applicants first see list of projects?
* Documentation needs?
* Is there a concise link with instructions for "Add a test badge (using
Fedora design assets) to local badgr-server"
* Needs review for our use case:
* Will it be the same for self serve?
* Need OAuth authentication for Python Django apps
* How we add FAS logins for badgr-server
## SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Feb. 25, 2020 at 4pm UTC
* Sayan is submitting proposal & mentorship
* Misc is also going to fill in the mentorship part
Justin W. Flory (he/him)
Hi folks! Earlier today, a few of us met to continue discussions about
coordinating for an Outreachy intern in Summer 2020 for Badges. Below
are some of the notes from our meeting (also available in a Google Doc):
* Need to answer our two research questions from last call:
* Can we migrate existing data to Badgr?
* Need fedora-messaging data to talk to Badgr
* Chat with abompard about fedora-messaging
* Example of fedora-messaging middleware:
* Need to generate tasks for application period
* Reading docs about Fedora infrastructure
* Setting up the dev environment (tahrir? badgr-server?)
* Installing fedora-messaging locally and publish a test message
* Add test badge (using Fedora design assets) to local badgr-server
* Action items:
* @Justin: Reach out to Concentric Sky about upstream collaboration
for migrating Fedora Badges
* @Misc: Validation about fedora-messaging and Badgr API (reaching
out to abompard)
* @Marie: Submit project proposal to mentored-projects Pagure and
send to laura abbott
* @all: Get final reviews / +1’s on proposal
Justin W. Flory