During Flock PRD discussion, a proposal was put up about changing the
name of the WG to Atomic. We have few open questions from last week's meeting. I
will try to put those down here, if anyone wants to add to that list, or
explain things better, please go ahead and reply to the thread :)
* If we rename how to make sure that the users know that we are not
abandoning the cloud?
* If we create a new group, then who else are still interested about
helping out the Cloud WG?
* We will require new user stories related to Atomic. This also brings
in the question about old user stories in current PRD. They are still
mostly valid. PRD updation is surely one major point towards Atomic WG.
* Who will maintain Atomic workstation? If it is workstation wg, then
how to reduce duplication of efforts?
* What will happen to the Cloud Base image?
* Who will maintain the Vagrant images?
* What will happen to our effort to push Fedora to different public
cloud services? We have AMI(s) right now, we also push to Digital
Fedora Cloud Engineer
CPython Core Developer
We've talked about this for a while, but let's make it formal. The plan
is to transition from Cloud as a Fedora Edition to Something Container
Clustery (see https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Objectives/ProjectFAO).
But, we still need cloud as a _deploy target_. The FAO-container-thing
will continue to have cloud image deploy targets (as well as bare
metal). I think it makes sense to _also_ have Fedora Server as a cloud
This could possibly be both a Fedora Server Minimal Cloud Image and
Fedora Server Batteries Included Image — but that'd be up to Server WG,
Overall, I'm proposing:
1. Dissolve Cloud WG (See below; don't panic)
2. Form new Atomic WG or FAO WG (name to be bikeshedded)
(a lot of overlap in membership with current Cloud WG, of course!)
3. _Keep_ Cloud SIG as a gathering point around cloud technology and
covering shared underlying technology (fedimg, koji cloud image
production, autocloud). Think of this as analogous in some ways
to something like the ARM SIG.
4. Change https://getfedora.org/cloud/ to
https://getfedora.org/atomic/ or https://getfedora.org/fao/
5. Create new http://cloud.fedoraproject.org/ in the same style as
6. New Atomic/FAO WG produces Whatever New Deliverable (starting
with Two Week Atomic)
7. Cloud Base Image becomes base (uh, see what I did there?) for new
Fedora Server cloud image (or images).
8. Vagrant image _probably_ the same — or maybe becomes its own
Fedora Project Leader
Hi folks! Just wanted to keep everyone informed.
We had a bit of a panic drill with the Alpha today; it turns out the
Cloud images are completely broken, and in fact have been for months,
only apparently no-one bothers to look at the output of our shiny
automated test systems (autocloud has been reporting this all along,
but apparently no-one's been doing anything about it).
We've worked around the multiple issues and there is now a new compose
running, which will be Alpha-1.2 (some of the image names will be a bit
messed up though). The changes should really only affect the Cloud
images, so most Alpha-1.1 testing should remain valid. But once Alpha-
1.2 lands, we should switch over to testing that, and make sure the
cloud images actually work. It should arrive in ~5-6 hours.
I will not be available for today's Fedora Cloud meeting.
See you, next week!
GPG Fingerprint: 033C 8041 A0E9 CDBA 2E02 B785 2119 5486 F245 DFD6
You are kindly invited to the meeting:
Fedora Cloud Workgroup on 2016-08-24 from 17:00:00 to 18:00:00 UTC
The meeting will be about:
Standing meeting for the Fedora Cloud Workgroup