On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 09:10:15PM -0500, Máirín Duffy wrote:
With the creation of 3 products for Fedora, the Fedora Design Team
anticipates many new questions around Fedora's brand. As the main
caretakers of the Fedora brand, we're going to have to figure these
things out within the next few months. For example, the Design Team is
starting to think about how to answer these types of questions:
• Should each product have its own logo? or
• Can you add our product to the Fedora website? or
• Can you make our product its own website? (How should we represent
these products on the website? Should we allow products to have their
own separate websites?)
That's a good question. Maintaining a separate Web site is a fair amount
of work, but *might* be worth it. I lean towards trying to keep the
projects/products all on the same site, though.
To start off the rebranding discussion, the Fedora Design Team has 4
basic questions for each of the 3 product-focused working groups to answer:
Taking a crack at these, so we have something to start with:
(1) What problem does your product solve, in one sentence?
Fedora Cloud provides a customizable base image and tools for developing
scale out applications on public and private clouds.
(2) Who is the target audience for your product, in one sentence?
Developers creating scale out applications on top of public and private
(3) List at least 5 products that successfully target the same
audience you are after.
* On public cloud (AWS) various AMIs (Amazon, CentOS, Ubuntu) that are
* BitNami images on public + private clouds.
* PaaS offerings (Heroku, Engine Yard, OpenShift)
* Windows Azure (Not sure how successfully...)
(4) List at least 5 products that try to solve the same problem.
* Various AMIs
* SUSE Studio
We are reaching out to each group individually to ask that you
these questions and come back to us with answers by Wednesday, December
I was hoping you could answer these questions for the cloud product;
please let me know if this isn't a reasonable timeline or if you need
any help coming up with the answers!
I think we can respond by December 4th, if not sooner.
Thoughts, comments, flames?
Joe Brockmeier | Principal Cloud & Storage Analyst
jzb(a)redhat.com | http://community.redhat.com/
Twitter: @jzb | http://dissociatedpress.net/