On Thursday, May 21, 2015 02:36:42 PM Colin Walters wrote:
On Sat, May 9, 2015, at 12:22 PM, Colin Walters wrote:
> During the Test day (and before), several people noted this bug:
> It now has a patch. I tested it with a local tree compose. It's
> nominated now for Blocker/FE.
So I was initially blocked from doing a build of this by:
I only realized later that I didn't have to wait for man-db to go
stable, I could have tagged it in as an override, which would
have made this less of a chain of blockers, but oh well.
The thing is - this can't be easily fixed in an update because
you really want things like NFS to work when you first boot.
This may just be me, I
imagine the workflow is update, then configure, then
put to use.
Options I see:
- Pull it in now (needs rel-eng approval)
needs an accepted blocker bug. releng is
not the gatekeeper here
- If we're talking about doing Atomic images every 2 weeks,
then why not just wait one stable cycle and pull in the fix, and do
all of the AMIs/mirroring/etc then? I'm not sure how hard this would
be, but we could just say "Atomic images are coming in 2 weeks"
We do not
have the ability to do this. we will be doing something to help
atomic, but we do also need to figure out what that actually is
- Live with it...would be embarrassing but not completely the end of
It will get fixed in an update. which could be on day 1. assuming that it
stable before GA and is in the zero day updates.