dustymabe added a new comment to an issue you are following:
OK. Some time later - an update on this ticket
- Highlighting OSTree commits as the delivered artifact
We will be setting an ostree version that corresponds to
the pungi compose ID. See OSTREE_VERSION_FROM_LABEL_DATE_TYPE_RESPIN
. We are already
using this for rawhide.
- If we change the compose ID - what about Multi-Arch?
We are not planning to change the compose ID any longer. Additionally
with bodhi calling pungi we will be able to support multi-arch better.
- pungi compose ids are inflexible
Still using the same compose ID as in the past so no issues here
- Getting rid of bodhi creation of ostrees
planned and in progress: https://pagure.io/atomic-wg/issue/300
- Coupling ostree creation with image creation
Since we are also planning to move mash to pungi we might as well
add image/ISO creation to pungi and have it do everything all at
the same time. This would mean we no longer have timing issues
**Identified Action Items**
1. We can work on patches to pungi to accept an ostree version as input and know what to
do with it. This would be a version that would be input for image creation, not
necessarily for ostree tree compose creation. i.e. build a qcow image for ostree version
25.100 that is in the ostree repo. Assumes the ostree version already exists.
2. We can work on patches to pungi to that can determine what the ostree version should be
and set that during ostree tree compose time. See
Same as above
3. We need to provide to releng a script that can be run so they can "detect"
what ostree version to specify as a compose id (I believe this assumes we keep
ostree/image creation decoupled)
No need. Just use OSTREE_VERSION_FROM_LABEL_DATE_TYPE_RESPIN
4. Determine priority of having bodhi call pungi to create ostrees
5. We need to determine what we want the OSTree version to look like for Fedora 26 (right
now the atomic WG proposal is `$majorversion.$year$month$day.$serial` `26.20170320.0`.
Please comment in https://pagure.io/atomic-wg/issue/229
We will get 26.20170320.0
6. Figure out if a compose id like `Fedora-Atomic-26-26.20170220.0_0` is possible and if
anything breaks as a result.
To reply, visit the link below or just reply to this email