Le 11/11/2013 17:28, Joe Brockmeier a écrit :
I'm going to be going to AWS re:Invent this week with an eye to
to people about how they're using images on AWS and how Fedora can
improve there. (Among other things.)
If you were in my shoes, any specific questions you'd like answers to?
I have many questions but i'll focus on our mainline product aka cloud
* what do expect to find on a base image and what you actually find ?
Are there any missing tools or unrequired stuff ?
* which frequency, do you refresh your images ? (system updates,
application updates etc...)
* do you use any tool to generate your own images ? which ones ?
* do you use configuration management tools on your images like Puppet,
Chef, Ansible ? Would you like to get them embedded on our images ?
* if Fedora Cloud Product was offering parallel installable applicative
stacks (ie: python 2.7/3.3, php 5.4/5.5/5.6, java 6/7/8 etc.), would you
use it ? Would it solve any issue in your day job ?
* support duration ? 1/2/3 years ?
* update frequency of the base image ? weekly ? monthly ?