Some time ago, I made a request to the Fedora Infrastructure Team to
*require* a meeting topic when doing a #startmeeting with Zodbot.
This was requested for a number of reasons:
- More information inside of Fedmsg messages to help us find the right meetings
- Proper categorization for finding the meeting logs via Mote
Well, infra delivered, and it would be a great CommBlog article for us
to do a quick PSA: IRC meetings
In the article we should:
- Link to the trac ticket above describing the new requirement of
- describe the common meetbot commands (action, topic, info, link, help)
- specifically mention that #help is like a Fedora batsignal, and
that commops is on the other end of the red phone (it goes direct to
our IRC channel via FMN)
- Give a "sample" meeting agenda (like the commops etherpad, but with
really simple flow:
#topic Old Business
#info this is where we discuss action items from last meeting
#action decause update trac ticket #1337 with discussion points
#topic New Business
#info this is where we cover new things since our last meeting
#topic Open Floor
#info this is where anyone can bring new/old business up for discussion
- Describe Mote, our new IRC Logs site, and link to it
- Describe FMN, our Fedora Notification System, and link to it (with
- Point to the source code repository for zodbot, and invite folks to dive in.
As an aside, it would be *really* fun to propose a Fedora badge for
contributing to zodbot, with a title like "Botsmith."
I don't think this is something that would be useful to the average
user (who don't typically work in IRC with us) but nearly every
contributor has to interact with IRC once-in-a-while.
Fedora Community Lead & Council