bex added a new comment to an issue you are following:
Sounds like a great idea. I'm just noting what I wrote on the ML
My only concern with this idea is that it'll require devs/project managers an extra
step of work. At the moment, all one needs to do is use the easyfix tag, and that puts the
ticket up on our list of easyfix tasks here.
I have a different target and objective. I see easy fix as something that works great for
- manage to find and understand the page
- have the stamina to keep coming back and looking over and over until they find a bug
- are confident enough to get started on their own
I don't believe every potential contributor has the attributes from day one. I also
believe that we have tasks that are bigger than an easyfix but aren't hard. Lastly, I
believe we have tasks that people would happily provide mentoring or other support on.
Therefore, this column is designed for tasks which:
- have someone willing to provide a personal point of contact for getting started
- may be larger than an easyfix but still "easy"
- may need specialized knowledge or skills
- has someone who wants to champion it or "shed light on it" to increase the
likelihood of it being done
- are easyfix bugs that someone wants to get greater exposure
Do you think it would make more sense to first improve the visibility
of the easyfix setup we already have going? Some ideas could be:
In general, the answer to "should we improve the visibility of X?" is always yes
generate an rss feed from the easyfix page and add this to the
magazine, commblog, and start.fp.o (something automated that doesn't require humans to
do extra work)
badges for people that mark tickets as easyfix, and for those that
take over these tasks (to reward people enabling people to join in, and people that help
out by joining in)
I can see this. I think doing an easyfix should be only awarded once. There should be a
counter style badge for marking/creating them.
Posts on easyfix for both the commblog and magazine have been on my
todolist for weeks now. I just need the time to get it all done!
To reply, visit the link below or just reply to this email