Hello, we have just released copr-dist-git 0.36 with important security
fix. Spec files were parsed directly on host machine without any isolation
mechanism. As spec file parsing may produce unwanted side effects, this is
_not_ recommendable. We have made the calls run in isolation now.
I am gathering informations about various use of CI with Copr. Do you use Copr for building packages for nightlies? For
building packages before pull request is merged? Do you have your set up described somewhere? What is the name of your
Please let me know. Either here or via private reply.
It will help me to understand your use of Copr and to make Copr better.
Thanks in advance.
fedora-24 chroots were removed from COPR and fedora-27 chroots were added.
For projects with "Follow Fedora branching" option enabled, the fedora-27
chroots were auto-created in their projects and existing builds from the
rawhide chroots were copied there.
Copr popularity: Google search for string - number of results:
* OBS repository - 1 610 000
* Copr repository - 1 180 000
* DNF repository - 700 000
* yum repository - 471 000
* Koji repository - 466 000
Projects and repositories:
* 4,1 TB packages in repositories
* 1 788 194 rpm packages hosted (note that if there is newer package of the same name and architecture the old is
deleted within 14 days)
* 10 592 projects created so far
* 6 411 projects created in last 12 months
* 97 097 builds submitted in last 12 months (this aggregate all chroots for one src.rpm)
* 263 414 builds done in last 12 months (for one chroot)
Traffic (per month)
* 77 GB/day downloads from hosted repositories
* 3,5k visits/day (the same IP requested data within 30 minutes timeout) -backend
* 7,4k visits/day - frontend
Clients (during last month)
32% - yum 3.4.3 (urlgrabber 3.10)
12% - libdnf 0.7.0
11% - libdnf 1.1.0
10% - dnf 1.1.0
1.7% - PackageKit (last year it has 9%)
I am sending these release notes also to fedora-devel list (and not just
copr-devel list as usually) because they contain information
about upcoming Fedora branching and what features COPR provides to move the
set of packages from your rawhide chroots into the newly branched ones.
We have just released copr-frontend-1.118. Mainly this release prepares for
the upcoming branching by adding two features:
- Batch package rebuilding ("Rebuild all" button in Packages view) so
that you can rebuild all your packages in the new chroots.
If you have build dependencies placed in you copr chroot as well, I
recommend linking the rawhide chroot first in "Repos"
setting ("Edit" button next to the chroot name in project settings) or
in "External repositories" field to be found in your project settings.
Otherwise you will probably need to click the "Rebuild all packages"
button a few times to get all the packages built successfully
(alas manual mockchain). We plan to introduce automatic build ordering
(based on BuildRequires) to optimize this feature in the foreseeing future.
- "Follow Fedora branching" project switch that (if enabled) makes COPR
fork your rawhide chroots into the newly branched ones
and hence user will have your packages available in their f27 systems
and they will also be available for your upcoming builds
(meaning you don't need to bootstrap anything from scratch). It might
take a few days after branching for this to actually take effect because
the new chroots need to be enabled in COPR first (and they should also
be in mock for that as well so that building in them works).
You can enable the "Follow Fedora branching" option in project settings and
it will basically ensure that your rawhide builds will be copied
into the new fedora-27-* ones when they become available in COPR.
Also, we have added syntax highlighting in code blocks in project
description and instructions and we switched the used library for markdown
(now python-CommonMark, before python-markdown).
Thank you for using COPR
Full copr-frontend changelog:
- fork all succeeded buildchroots in RawhideToRelease
- follow Fedora branching project's option added
- allow to modify copr chroots
- syntax highlight in project description and instructions
- fix 500 on /api/coprs/build/ for auto-rebuilds
- Bug 1409894 - COPR invalidly renders markdown
- basic rebuild all packages feature added