On 10/4/18 5:02 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
Our "freedom + infinity + voice" logo is awesome -- but it
also has some
* It doesn't work well at small sizes
* It doesn't work at all in a single color
* The "voice" bubble means it's hard to center visually in designs
* The Fedora wordmark is based on a non-open-source font
* I'm tired of explaining that it's not Facebook
As much as I love our "classic" logo, I think it may be time for a refresh.
It's not just about problems -- as we're getting into Year 15, and five
years (!) of Fedora.next, our editions strategy is drifting away from
"Fedora + logical thing" (like "Fedora Server" or "Fedora
Cloud") into more
unique brands like "Fedora CoreOS" or "Fedora Silverblue". As I said
Flock, the important thing about Fedora to me is the _people_ — I'd like
"Fedora" to be more assocated with the project and the community rather than
our software artifacts. I'd love to have a logo which can work as a
What do you think?
This logic makes sense to me. I'm also open-minded to a 2018 refresh.
There should probably be some level of engagement with the Fedora Design
Team on this too.
It is too bad tattoos aren't as easy to update as Fedora. :)
Justin W. Flory