Dear council members,
in August 11th, I opened this issue:
(Long term funding
request: translation platform hosting)
in September 4th, the issue was closed as validated.
1. we got a test from Weblate:
where we got 63
contributors for 33 languages, doing over three thousands contributions.
2. The Weblate dev did the work to send events to fedora-messaging for
community monitoring https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issue/8291
3. The change proposal was validated:
4. We have a working internationalization system for our docs:
with some incoming
progress stats: https://jibecfed.fedorapeople.org/docs-l10n/localization/
But because of contract and legal question not being fully answered, I
had to stop deployment.
It's been a month with no change, I need your help.
We had some requests from libvirt team (also including libvirt-glib,
virt-viewer, entangle, osinfo-db, osinfo-db-tools, libosinfo,
virt-manager, libvirt-sandbox) but I can't start the work with them.
team also asked me to use the fedora Weblate
instance for hosting their translation.
Can you please:
* give me the approval to continue deployment even if administrative
aspect aren't finalized
* confirm you won't have any hosting agreement with Weblate based on a
string or words volume, as this would prevent us to welcome any relevant
new projects (as long as they use one of the open-source licenses we
allow in Fedora, it should be sufficient)
* validate the work done by Weblate dev to send events to
fedora-messaging, and give them the required credential to send events
Time-outs in a project are like sport, they break the rhythm.
It's been a month of waiting, my time like many others is on a voluntary
basis, I don't have time allocated over a period of time that I can
choose to spend as I see fit, can we please move forward? There is still
a lot of challenges to face.
Thanks a lot for your help,