The modularity team(s) had a discussion today debating the value of the F27 Modular Server release. Technically, we could meet the release criterion but there are some concerns that this is not sufficient criteria to consider. I (with help from James[1] and Stephen[2]) have outlined the decision and what we have seen/captured as the pros and cons in #149[3]. I am asking mattdm to take this up in the next council meeting as a high priority item (perhaps bumping the CI discussion til next time). Please review as soon as you are able.
thanks Langdon
[1]: gepetto [2]: sgallagh [3]: https://pagure.io/Fedora-Council/tickets/issue/149
On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 11:15:33PM +0000, Langdon White wrote:
The modularity team(s) had a discussion today debating the value of the F27 Modular Server release. Technically, we could meet the release criterion but there are some concerns that this is not sufficient criteria to consider. I (with help from James[1] and Stephen[2]) have outlined the decision and what we have seen/captured as the pros and cons in #149[3]. I am asking mattdm to take this up in the next council meeting as a high priority item (perhaps bumping the CI discussion til next time). Please review as soon as you are able.
I emailed Stef to see if he can reschedule. Tentatively, let's plan on bumping that for this instead, since there are a lot of things that will go differently depending on what we choose.
council-discuss@lists.fedoraproject.org