Hi guys, long time no see!
I have an observation about the signup process at admin.fedoraproject.org
I feel a little frustrated about it.
Since this is the design team, what are the chances to redesign this
I would love to have a less scary registration =), and collaborate doing it.
Here is my experience with the signup/account management.
It started when I wanted to provide some feedback to a ticket.
1. To do that I must create my account.
2. I had some troubles doing it, keep in mind that I was doing some other
3. I must invent a secret question, retype my email,
4. descipher a captcha
5. and do some math...
I must confess the math was easy,
6. but the process failed because it expired.
7. Then i filled all of the input boxes again, this time i tryed to make it
quickly because I didn't wanted to loose my time again.
It went ok ,i was informed that an email will go to my inbox,
8. So checked my email, and indeed it came with a welcome message
and a machine generated password, which scared me a little bit.
which recomends a way to change it with a link.
9. So i went directly to it, to change it.
10. But i couldn't because i can't have any password i want, i must follow
- A passphrase with symbols, upper and lowercase letters, and digits
must be at least 9 characters
- A passphrase with upper and lowercase letters and digits must be at
least 10 characters
- A passphrase with lowercase letters and digits must be at least 12
- A passphrase with letters alone must be made of at least 3 different
characters and be at least 20 characters long
11. I really don't have the time right now, and patience to decipher that
so... i kept the machine generated password and told to
firefox to remember it.
Send design-team mailing list submissions to
To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
You can reach the person managing the list at
When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of design-team digest..."
1. Fedora Website Banners Design Reveiw (nitesh narayan lal)
2. Re: Fedora Website Banners Design Reveiw (Máirín Duffy)
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 20:51:26 +0530
From: nitesh narayan lal <niteshnarayanlalleo(a)gmail.com>
To: design-team <design-team(a)lists.fedoraproject.org>
Subject: [Design-team] Fedora Website Banners Design Reveiw
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
I was working on the ticket  . It will be great if I could get
some comments about the same.
Nitesh Narayan Lal
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 13:59:51 -0400
From: Máirín Duffy <duffy(a)fedoraproject.org>
To: Fedora Design Team <design-team(a)lists.fedoraproject.org>
Subject: Re: [Design-team] Fedora Website Banners Design Reveiw
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
On 04/22/2013 11:21 AM, nitesh narayan lal wrote:
> I was working on the ticket  . It will be great if I could get
> some comments about the same.
>  https://fedorahosted.org/design-team/ticket/268
Thanks for your work! I just posted a design review to the ticket for
you. I hope it's helpful.
design-team mailing list
End of design-team Digest, Vol 48, Issue 19