On 08/11/2009 03:04 PM, Martin Sourada wrote:
Well, and would be the target of the spin?
Yep, it does not need to be named after our team, but 'design' covers
wider audience are than just 'art', although it's still probably a
little limited. Really, depending on the audience we'll target it at, we
might want to have
* good support for devices like scanners, printers, cameras, wacom
I think this is expected as a default for a desktop spin
* graphics editors (gimp, inkscape, ...)
* photo management tools
Well, for design is very likely you must acquire a photo somehow and use
it as a starting element in the design process (be it photo manipulation
* decent audio software (recording, editing)
* decent video software ( --||-- , screen-casting)
Also can go hand-in-hand with the design process: for example you create
a screencast showing the process to create some graphics.
* burning software (to burn your audio CDs, videos, photos)
A given in a decent desktop spin.
* desktop publishing/typesetting software (inkscape, scribus,
* web-design related software (partly overlaps with graphics
Closely related to the design part: you don't create/edit graphics only
for the sake of working with them, but to use further on print or web.
* other multimedia management
* various utilities like ImageMagick
For me ImageMagick is a valuable tool for photo management.
* content (brushes, wallpapers, showcase window/widget
templates, showcase icon themes, palettes, clip-art, ...)
...fonts, maybe stock photos, etc.
Indeed, useful to have handy
If we included most of this list, the best name would probably be
something like Fedora Creativity Spin XD
Which does sound like a legit name/target. "Design" sounds a bit
restrictive, but probably "Creativity" or "Art Studio" are more
nicu :: http://nicubunu.ro
my Fedora stuff: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/