Want to join/help the design team?
Two ideas from this meeting and a couple from last meeting that still
1) t2hot needs help with textures for his 3D castle model: grass, rocks,
stained steel, background hills. He'll export some unwrapped models for
folks to texturize. Look for them at
2) kirkB uploaded an update to the ABRT usability assessment to the
fedora-ux sparkleshare: http://linuxgrrl.com/fedora-ux/Projects/ABRT/
It would be helpful to give it a look-over and provide your feedback in
ticket #180 in our trac:
3) Help us advertise our supplemental wallpaper process. Tell folks to
submit photographic wallpapers here:
4) Help us come up with ideas for ransom notes in the Fedora Installer.
Here's an example fake one on the bottom of this screen:
Fedora 16 Default Wallpaper Status
Work happening here:
While we were originally slated to select a final wallpaper concept to
go with, we decided to delay the decision a week, and to focus on the
iceberg and castle designs. So we will vote next week.
If anyone is interested in the jellyfish, they can continue working on
that one as a supplemental wallpaper.
No matter what wallpaper you're working on, please feel free to ask for
help on this list or in IRC.
Upload your source files if you can, and post links to this list.
If you'd like to help, t2hot needs help with textures for his 3D castle
model: grass, rocks, stained steel, background hills. He'll export some
unwrapped models for folks to texturize. Look for them at
Fedora 16 Supplemental Wallpaper Status
The deadline is currently August 9 2011, which is a Tuesday. If we move
our meetings to Thursday, this date should either be pulled back or
pushed forward. Depending on the date, we may or may not make the DVD.
Mizmo will check on this and we can make a decision on moving the date
Submit your photos to
kirkB uploaded an update to the ABRT assessment to the fedora-ux
sparkleshare but hasn't shared it with the devs yet:
if you have feedback please leave in ticket #180 on the design team
Nothing new to report since last week. Our plans:
- we need to integrate the networking in anaconda without all of the
complexity of the gnome ui, but not differ too much for
- we need to figure out timezone for anaconda; olsson db is the best
- we need to finish up storage ui (mizmo, 19:39:46)
anaconda will be using gtk3 (mizmo, 19:39:59)
- for timezone, we can use the IP to find out where the user is, but
that will only work if the user is connected
<zodbot> Meeting ended Tue Jul 5 20:03:25 2011 UTC. Information about
MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot
<zodbot> Minutes (text):