On Sun, 2010-06-27 at 09:01 -0700, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
Here's a bit of what I was thinking (subject to change - feel
throw your own ideas out!) -
* Look at all the different projects / deliverables Design produces
throughout the cycle - from concept to shipment of each release. How
to get involved.
* Tools! What are the tools used - perhaps even talk about Design Suite a bit.
* Discuss doing things openly - with open tools, why this is important.
* How can non-designers help? Feedback loop, etc.
Here's a summary of the ideas we came up with during the design team
- Interview with Nicu Buculei on how he got started with Open Clip Art
and also highlighting openclipart.org
as a tool for designers (maybe
have a sidebar on OCAL/Inkcape integration feature?), maybe explaining
public domain and SVGs?
- Interview with Tatica Leandro on her Gimp podcasts and how they are
used in SA high schools, and maybe do a highlight on using Gimp as a
- Interview Luya Tshimbalanga on the Fedora-fr Muffin magazine project,
show some screenshots of the design, maybe have a highlight on Scribus.
- Interview Jef van Schendel on how he got started with the design team
via Design Team bounty, maybe highlight open office as a tool since he
used that for his bounty?
- Martin Sourada / Nicu Buculei / Pierros Papadeas - interview on their
presentation of the Fedora design team process at Libre Graphics Meeting
2010, maybe with a highlight on LGM and what it's about and its history?
- You could interview me too, since it seems no general Inkscape
highlight in the list, I could talk about how I use Inkscape to create
UI mockups and show some off for the article.
Does anybody else have an idea or want to volunteer for an interview?
Ian, would you be willing to be interviewed on our brand book?
I think for each interview you could have a little sidebar for the
highlighted tool talking about the upstream website and the install
instructions for getting it on Fedora.