== Summary ==
Add an AArch64 Xfce Desktop image to deliverables in Fedora 31.
== Owner ==
* Name: [[User:pwhalen| Paul Whalen]]
* Email: pwhalen(a)fedoraproject.org
* Responsible WG: ARM SIG
== Detailed Description ==
We currently offer Workstation, Minimal and Server images for use with
AArch64 Single Board Computer's (SBC's). We would like to add a
lighter weight desktop image for hardware that lacks the ability to
run accelerated desktops.
An initial set of supported devices:
* Raspberry Pi 3/4
* 96boards HiKey
* 96boards Dragonboard 410c
== Benefit to Fedora ==
Better user experience and an additional desktop choice for AArch64 SBC's.
== Scope ==
* Proposal owners: The ARM SIG will make the kickstart changes needed
to add the desktop images to the compose.
* Other developers: N/A
* Release engineering: Enable building of the AArch64 XFCE desktop
image. Small tweaks may be required to the pungi configs or fedora
kickstarts but those will be completed by the SIG and sent as pull
requests. Issue[https://pagure.io/releng/issue/8556 #8556]
* Policies and guidelines: N/A (not needed for this Change)
* Trademark approval: N/A (not needed for this Change)
== Upgrade/compatibility impact ==
No upgrade compatibility required, this is a new image variant.
== How To Test ==
Testing can be completed on any supported AArch64 SBC using the
existing arm-image-installer. Any additional instructions will be
added to the ARM installation documentation.
== User Experience ==
Users will have increased choice in desktop offerings for AArch64
SBC's. Those looking to install a desktop on hardware that lacks an
accelerated graphics driver or lower system specifications will have a
== Dependencies ==
N/A (not a System Wide Change)
== Contingency Plan ==
* Contingency mechanism: N/A
* Contingency deadline: N/A
* Blocks release? No
* Blocks product? No
== Documentation ==
All documentation will be added or updated via the ARM Landing Page.
He / Him / His
Fedora Program Manager