= Proposed System Wide Change: GHC 8.0 =
* Jens Petersen <petersen AT redhat DOT com>
* Haskell_SIG<haskell AT lists DOT fedoraproject DOT org>
Update the GHC Haskell compiler in Fedora from version 7.10 to the
current stable version 8.0, with much improved support for aarch64,
ppc64, and ppc64le.
== Detailed Description ==
GHC 8.0 contains many new features, fixes, and improvements including
performance. Other distros are already moving to it and Fedora users
will benefit from it too. This will require updating some and
rebuilding all of the Haskell packages in Fedora.
== Scope ==
* Proposal owners: all building work will be done in f26-ghc
* Other developers: Negligible work outside Haskell SIG, but the SIG
can try to help resolve any issues which should arise.
* Release engineering: f26-ghc needs to be created and once all
rebuilding there is completed the builds need to be tagged into f26
* List of deliverables: mostly just version bumps
* Policies and guidelines: no Haskell Packaging changes currently
planned (except possibly explicit `%files` lists)
* Trademark approval: N/A (not needed for this Change)
Platform & Fedora Program Manager
Red Hat Czech s.r.o., Purkynova 99/71, 612 45 Brno, Czech Republic