My fellow Fedorians,
It's time for the Fedora 21 elections. In fact, we are already a little
late: First Fedora 20 was delayed and then we had the holiday season, so
we needed to adjust the schedule a little.
== Election Schedule ==
The Fedora 21 election schedule looks as follows:
* January 8 - 13: Nomination Period
(closes promptly at 23:59:59 UTC on January 13)
* January 8 - 13: Questionnaire form open for the community to
submit questions for the candidates.
* January 13 - 18: Candidates Questionnaire. Results will be
posted to the wiki prior to the first townhall
* January 18 - 23: Townhalls
* January 23 - 30: Voting Period
(closes promptly at 23:59:59 UTC on January 30)
* January 31: Announce Results
== Fedora Board, FESCo, and FAmSCo Elections ==
This election cycle will fill the following seats for a one-year period:
* Fedora Board: 2 elected seats (2 additional seats will be
appointed according to schedule)
* FESCo (Fedora Engineering Steering Committee): 4 elected seats
* FAmSCo (Fedora Ambassadors Steering Committee): 3 elected seats
Full information about the committee elections, including the elections
schedule, and links to where one may nominate, can be seen here:
== Nominations ==
Nominations are NOW OPEN until 23:59:59 UTC on January 13. I encourage
everyone to consider serving in an elected seat, or to encourage others
that they feel would represent Fedora well to run for election.
== Election questionnaire ==
Additionally, the elections questionnaire is NOW OPEN for adding
questions which will be posed to candidates for the listed groups.
Questions may be added until 23:59:59 on January 13 at
Following the closing of the questionnaire, candidates will be asked to
answer questions relevant to the position for which they are seeking
Further information regarding each body's election follows below.
== Fedora Board ==
This election cycle will fill three elected seats for the Board (seats
E3, E4, and E5). Two appointed seats (A3 and A4) will also be filled
== FESCo ==
This cycle will see candidates elected to five open seats in the Fedora
Engineering Steering Committee. For information on the nominations and
elections, please refer to:
== FAmSCo ==
This election cycle will see candidates elected to fill four open seats
on the Fedora Ambassadors Steering Committee. For more information,
please refer to:
== Help us! ==
In order to make these elections a success, we need your help:
* First and foremost, we need you to vote.
* Tell others community members to vote.
* Ask questions in the elections questionnaire.
* Run for one of the elected bodies. With the new working groups
and CentOS as our new family member, we have exciting times
ahead. You can shape the future of Fedora and it's community!
* Encourage others that they feel would represent Fedora well to
run for election.
* Attend the townhall IRC meetings and ask the candidates your
* Volunteer to host the townhalls. We strive to have two meetings
for each body, that means six in total. I would appreciate your
If you want to help out of have any further questions, please don't
hesitate to contact me.