From time to time I have to submit a ticket with 'fedpkg request-repo' or
'fedpkg request-branch', and I have feeling that I have to regenerate the API
key very often (since 2018-02-17 I have 5th key already?!).
How do you work-around this requirement to re-generate the key all the
time? Is this necessary requirement for 'fedpkg' to work if when we have
gssapi support in Fedora?
Following is the list of topics that will be discussed in the FPC
meeting Thursday at 2019-01-03 17:00 UTC in #fedora-meeting-1 on irc.freenode.net.
Local time information (via. uitime):
================= Day: Thursday ==================
2019-01-03 09:00 PST US/Pacific
2019-01-03 12:00 EST --> US/Eastern <--
2019-01-03 17:00 GMT Europe/London
2019-01-03 17:00 UTC UTC
2019-01-03 18:00 CET Europe/Berlin
2019-01-03 18:00 CET Europe/Paris
2019-01-03 22:30 IST Asia/Calcutta
---------------- New Day: Friday -----------------
2019-01-04 01:00 HKT Asia/Hong_Kong
2019-01-04 01:00 +08 Asia/Singapore
2019-01-04 02:00 JST Asia/Tokyo
2019-01-04 03:00 AEST Australia/Brisbane
Links to all tickets below can be found at:
= Followups =
#topic #719 Simplify packaging of forge-hosted projects
= New business =
#topic #841 Change or remove "Want to help" footer
= Open Floor =
For more complete details, please visit each individual ticket. The
report of the agenda items can be found at:
If you would like to add something to this agenda, you can:
* Reply to this e-mail
* File a new ticket at: https://pagure.io/packaging-committee
* E-mail me directly
* Bring it up at the end of the meeting, during the open floor topic. Note
that added topics may be deferred until the following meeting.
This is your final reminder that if you have a Change proposal that
requires changes to Infrastructure, those proposals must be submitted
(i.e. in ChangeReadyForWrangler category) today.
Other deadlines approaching:
* 2019-01-08 — Changes requiring mass rebuild
* 2019-01-08 — System-Wide changes
* 2019-01-29 — Self-Contained changes
Fedora Program Manager
= Enabling Python Generators by default =
== Summary ==
This change enables the Python module dependency generator for
packages that provide Python Egg/Wheel metadata by default (this was
[[Changes/EnablingPythonGenerators|opt-in since Fedora 28]]).
== Owner ==
* Name: [[User:ignatenkobrain|Igor Gnatenko]], [[User:ngompa|Neal Gompa]]
* Email: ignatenkobrain(a)fedoraproject.org, ngompa13(a)gmail.com
* Release notes owner:
== Detailed Description ==
Please see [[Changes/EnablingPythonGenerators#Detailed_Description|detailed
description from original change]] for information how it works and
In this change we will switch opt-in into opt-out.
== Benefit to Fedora ==
All the benefits as stated in
will be turned on for all packages (unless they opt-out).
== Scope ==
* Proposal owners: Flip the switch (in python-rpm-generators) and
adjust python-rpm-macros to make feature be opt-out. Send patches to
packages to remove unnecessary manual-specified dependencies.
* Other developers: Packagers are strongly advised to remove
manually-specified python dependencies if they are set in egg/wheel
* Release engineering: [https://pagure.io/releng/issue/7965 #7965]
(change should be implemented before mass rebuild)
* Policies and guidelines: Python Guidelines needs to be updated with
instructions how to disable the feature.
* Trademark approval: N/A (not needed for this Change)
== Upgrade/compatibility impact ==
Some new dependencies might be automatically added, but this is rather
good because it fixes real bugs.
== How To Test ==
== User Experience ==
Users will see less number of packages with missing dependency information.
== Dependencies ==
== Contingency Plan ==
* Contingency mechanism: (What to do? Who will do it?) Owners will
revert change and postpone it to next release.
* Contingency deadline: Beta freeze.
== Documentation ==
Packaging guidelines already contain
information how this feature work].
Fedora Program Manager