= Proposed Self Contained Change: Change/Remove slogin and sshd-keygen =
* Jakub Jelen <jjelen AT redhat DOT com>
slogin, a legacy symlink to ssh, will be removed. sshd-keygen, a
legacy Fedora init script, will be removed.
== Detailed Description ==
slogin symlink to ssh exists for years for compatibility with ancient
systems and was recently removed from upstream openssh install
scripts. There is no need to hold this symlink downstream. Possible
dependent packages need update just in the words of substitution
sshd-keygen executable is also years old copy from init scripts and
does not make use of any systemd features. In F24 new instantiated
sshd-keygen service is used, but for compatibility reasons (anaconda)
the old sshd-keygen script is still shipped alongside.
Applications/services that needs to make sure that ssh host keys are
available, should depend on sshd-keygen.target instead of running
== Scope ==
* Proposal owners:
- Remove the symlink from spec file (revert commit) and remove
sshd-keygen from dist-git script (revert sshd-keygen commit).
- Package maintainers (anaconda) depending on these files in system
should follow description above how to work without sshd-keygen.
* Other developers: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
* Release engineering: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
* List of deliverables: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
* Policies and guidelines: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
* Trademark approval: N/A (not needed for this Change)
Platform & Fedora Program Manager
Red Hat Czech s.r.o., Purkynova 99/71, 612 45 Brno, Czech Republic