As per the F36 schedule , rawhide starts F36 development on 2021-08-10.
I would like to bring in OpenSSL 3.0.0  and the compat package 
(along with devel subpackage) into rawhide.
I would like your opinion/suggestion on:
1. Merging it and building it directly in rawhide. This will make OpenSSL
3.0.0 available by default for immediate use in rawhide.
FTBFS bugs can be reported when there is a mass-rebuild as per 
2. Building it in a side-tag, adding all packages. Allowing the packages to
port and fix build failures
on the side-tag and finally merge the side-tag. FTBFS bugs can be reported
I have a slight preference for option 1:
1. As rawhide enables us to try out stuff like this.
2. It is very early in the cycle to bring this change.
3. Many upstream packages have been ported (or are in the process of
4. Compat package (rebased to 1.1.1k version) is available with devel files.
Although option 2 sounds more organized.
But I could be missing some information/details. It would be nice to hear
about the experiences in the past and the preferred method by the community.
COPR repo  is updated with openssl-3.0.0-beta2.
Change proposal  is updated for F36.