On Tue, 2010-08-24 at 10:23 -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
On Tue, 2010-08-24 at 12:14 -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
> > The intent is not to do so in the final release, AIUI. We're only
> > keeping it around during pre-release, so that if we decide we need to
> > fall back to upstart for final release, it's easy to do. As far as I
> > know, the plan is to decide later (presumably after beta) which one
> > we're going with, and dump the other.
> So the alpha and beta will be tested in a configuration that the final
> release will not?
Hmm, I'd say 'not really, no' (unless we decide to fall back to
I think that's precisely the concern. In the event that F14 goes back
to upstart, the final release will use a configuration that may not have
received much testing. If we want to claim that it's safe to switch
back to upstart after beta, we need to be testing that configuration
now, along with the systemd configuration.