On Sunday, June 28, 2020 12:18:32 PM MST Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
On Sat, Jun 27, 2020 at 03:34:17PM -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 27, 2020 at 10:25:01AM -0700, John M. Harris Jr wrote:
> > Jesus Christ, this actually got approved. It's time to fork Fedora. This
> > is really getting out of hand.
> As mentioned earlier, there's no need to "fork Fedora". It sounds
> there are at least of few of y'all who feel strongly about some of these
> defaults. I encourage you to make a spin that caters to that experience.
I'm a fan of spins too, but making a spin to do
'touch /etc/systemd/zram-generator.conf' seems a bit much.
Far from just that:
- Mask/disable systemd-homed
- Mask/disable systemd-userdb
- Mask/disable systemd-sysusers
- Mask/disable systemd-repart
- Mask/disable systemd-resolved
- Mask/disable systemd-networkd
- Mask/disable systemd-timesyncd
- Disable systemd-xdg-autostart-generator
- Remove the privacy anti-feature of using Google DNS when none are configured
- Disable fstrim.timer
- Disable EarlyOOM
- Not set a default EDITOR
- Not use btrfs or XFS as the default filesystem
- Have no modular repos by default
From this list, I know it might look like I'm calling out systemd. Well,
that's just because it's become so bloated.
John M. Harris, Jr.