On 7/22/19 10:34 PM, Igor Gnatenko wrote:
On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 4:31 AM Igor Gnatenko
Thinking about this even more, it should not be very hard thing to
* Define new architecture in RPM/libsolv (let's call it "haswell" or
* Define set of capabilities it should have, write appropriate check
* Add new architecture in Fedora Koji
* Once bootstrapped, create composes
* At some point in future, merge this arch back to x86_64 and move forward
What do you think?
Unless someone can show some kind of MASSIVE benefit, I'm not in favor.
It's a ton of duplication of effort, tons more disk space, tons more cpu
cycles wasted, a ton more mirror disk space, a ton more bandwith, etc.