== Summary ==
Authselect replaced authconfig tool in Fedora 28. To enable some level
of backwards compatibility, it ships the authconfig command as a
wrapper around authselect calls in package "authselect-compat".
Authselect is now well adopted and the shim compatibility layer should
be removed by removing the authselect-compat package.
== Owner ==
* Name: [[User:pbrezina| Pavel Březina]]
* Email: <pbrezina(a)redhat.com>
== Detailed Description ==
* authselect: remove the authselect-compat package
* pykickstart: remove support for authconfig
* anaconda: remove support for authconfig
"dnf repoquery --whatrequires" does not yield any package depending on
authselect-compat nor authconfig.
== Benefit to Fedora ==
The authconfig command will no longer be available, this will finish
the replacement by authselect.
== Scope ==
* Proposal owners:
authselect maintainers - Submit PR for anaconda/pykickstart to remove
authconfig support and remove authselect-compat package from Fedora.
* Other developers: anaconda/pykickstart maintainers - must accept the
PR and push it to Fedora
* Release engineering: [https://pagure.io/releng/issue/10169
* Policies and guidelines: The policies and guidelines do not need to
* Trademark approval: N/A (not needed for this Change)
* Alignment with Objectives: N/A
== Upgrade/compatibility impact ==
The authselect-compat package will be removed, authconfig command will
no longer be available.
== How To Test ==
* authselect-compat package and authconfig command should no longer be available
* anaconda/kickstart should no longer support authconfig directive
== User Experience ==
Users that keeps using authconfig/authselect-compat will need to start
using authselect directly.
== Dependencies ==
No package depends on authconfig/authselect-compat. Authconfig is used
by Anaconda/pykickstart and this support will be removed.
== Contingency Plan ==
authselect-compat package stays.
* Contingency mechanism: authselect-compat package stays.
* Contingency deadline: Beta
* Blocks release? No
== Documentation ==
This is a simple packaging change, there is no additional documentation.
== Release Notes ==
Authselect-compat package is removed, therefore authconfig command is
no longer available. Users are encouraged to use its replacement, the
He / Him / His
Fedora Program Manager