On Mon, Dec 18, 2017 at 03:06:35PM +0100, Iryna Shcherbina wrote:
if the timing is not good, then I can take the generated patch set
and turn it into Pagure Pull Requests with a script. Packagers would
be able to review/merge them during the holidays and we can merge
the rest on January 2nd. This is just a suggestion, let me know if
it sounds like an idea and if it would be of any help.
Thanks, but I don't think that's necessary. I doubt many packagers
would merge stuff over the holidays, so there wouldn't be much
difference between that and just pushing directly.
I want to use PRs for the few packages that are more complex
(listed in my original e-mail, e.g. kernel and pyqt4), but that's
just ~10 packages, so that can be done by hand.
> Iryna Shcherbina
> On 12/18/2017 02:41 PM, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
> >On Mon, Dec 18, 2017 at 01:05:03PM +0000, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> >>On Sun, Dec 17, 2017 at 3:16 PM Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek <
> >>zbyszek(a)in.waw.pl> wrote:
> >>>Dear fellow Fedora developers,
> >>>I plan to execute part 2 of the renaming. First part was announced and
> >>>discussed here . Recently, Iryna Shcherbina announced  plans for
> >>>a follow up: changing the requirements. Before that happens I want to
> >>>finish my renaming. In this round my changes are rather small, only
> >>>~80 packages, see the lists below. There's various packages which
> >>>are not on the porting-db list , or are particularly complicated ,
> >>>or have been fixed in git but don't build, all of which I'm
> >>>for now.
> >>>Short description:
> >>>binary Python2 subpackages with a name starting with "python-"
> >>>ending with "-python" will be renamed to "python2-…".
> >>>for the old name are of course added, so upgrades should work and other
> >>>packages using the old names do not need to be adjusted.
> >>>In the first round, packages which had Requires/Provides under
> >>>conditionals were skipped. In this round the renamer script  was
> >>>improved to support such cases.
> >>>If nothing pops up, I'll push the changes and to the rebuilds on
> >>This timeline is a bit concerning. Friday marks the start of the lowest
> >>maintainer activity each year. A huge subset of the Fedora community goes
> >>away to enjoy their winter holidays.
> >>I think pushing a mass-packaging change on this schedule would be a really
> >>bad idea. It *will* result in breakage. I'd suggest postponing the
> >>until January 2nd.
> >Actually that's on purpose: I wanted to do the rebuilds over the
> >holidays, without bothering anybody or interfering with anybody's
> >work. In case there are any regressions, people will most likely
> >report them early in January so there'll be time to fix everything
> >when everybody is back to work and fresh.
> >devel mailing list -- devel(a)lists.fedoraproject.org
> >To unsubscribe send an email to devel-leave(a)lists.fedoraproject.org
> devel mailing list -- devel(a)lists.fedoraproject.org
> To unsubscribe send an email to devel-leave(a)lists.fedoraproject.org