This document represents a proposed Change. As part of the Changes
process, proposals are publicly announced in order to receive
community feedback. This proposal will only be implemented if approved
by the Fedora Engineering Steering Committee.
== Summary ==
Update the MinGW toolchain to the latest upstream stable releases.
== Owner ==
* Name: [[User:smani|Sandro Mani]]
* Email: manisandro(a)gmail.com
== Detailed Description ==
The following packages will be updated
* mingw-gcc to version 13.x
* mingw-binutils to version 2.40
== Benefit to Fedora ==
Ship the latest available GNU toolchain for MinGW.
== Scope ==
* Proposal owners:
The above mentioned packages will be updated. Build failures following
the mass rebuild will be inspected.
* Other developers:
Help with build failures may be requested.
* Release engineering: Impact check [https://pagure.io/releng/issue/11299
* Release engineering: Mass rebuild requested
* Policies and guidelines: No policies need to be changed
== Upgrade/compatibility impact ==
== How To Test ==
Update the system once the updated packages land, look out for new
build failures etc.
== User Experience ==
The features of the newest GNU Toolchain will be available to MinGW users.
== Dependencies ==
== Contingency Plan ==
* Contingency mechanism: Revert to older versions of environment /
toolchain, mass rebuild mingw packages again
* Contingency deadline: Before release
* Blocks release? Yes
* Blocks product? No
== Release Notes ==
Fedora 39 comes with the mingw-gcc-13 and mingw-binutils-2.40.
He / Him / His
Fedora Program Manager