On Sunday, August 23, 2020, 9:56:53 p.m. EDT, Chris Murphy <email@example.com> wrote:
This doc is in need of updating for the Btrfs by default feature
approved for Fedora 33:
PR's. But I don't think that method is interactive, i.e. it's pretty
much accept the PR or reject it, correct? Any other ideas?
I've identified these specific areas:
- Automatic partitioning - should say Btrfs instead of LVM
- Some partition types - notably the /boot and /usr directories and
the BIOS Boot and EFI partitions - can not be placed on Btrfs
subvolumes. Use standard physical volumes for them (or an LVM logical
volume for /usr). See
for more information.
- Ext4 is the default and recommended file system used by Fedora
Workstation and Cloud.
- Advice on Partitions
- Recommended Partitioning Scheme (recommendations, sizes all need updates)
- Manual partitioning should say Btrfs instead of LVM
- swap - based on your system parameters
- unrelated to btrfs, but needs updating for swaponzram feature
Original list and discussion appears here: