On Mon, Sep 19, 2016, at 06:10 PM, Shaun McCance wrote:
On Sun, 2016-09-18 at 15:44 +0200, Brian Exelbierd wrote:
> What are the specific features of pintail (or the pipeline of
> AsciiDoc to Mallard) that we want to use that aren't available in
I can only speak to the solutions we evaluated at the FAD, and Pete or
Zach might have have different thoughts. But here's what I think were
some compelling bits:
* Ability to manage entire site structure.
* Ability to grab different documents from different git repositories.
These are available in other tools and are also demonstrated in my POC.
* Ability to work with existing content, without requiring
to be converted at once.
This is a deliberate position I am taking in my POC.
* Per-document search that works. Most site tools aren't designed
docs and just have global search.
I believe this is a solveable problem. It is on my list to do a POC of
as soon as I can.
Today the Fedora Docs site doesn't feature search. I believe a solution
that can move us ahead should not be penalized if it doesn't provide
search. Search has not, as far as I know, been identified as a core
problem with our site that is inhibiting contribution.
* Well-managed translations with access to powerful translation
I presume you mean Zanata. My POC and other tools can use Zanata.