On Mon, 2007-03-19 at 22:22 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
Contributors to the DUG:
2. Cry/wail/gnash teeth.
* It is a fair review and accurate in its guesses
* We feel into traps in the FDUG that are described in the review
- Focus on lists of features instead of what can be done and how to do
* As a first-effort it was good enough to publish
* The FDUG has many shining parts, and many other bruises
FWIW, we saw many of the problems that the article details before
publishing, but we couldn't delay publishing any longer. Fortunately,
we now have a review to balance against and make adjustments with.
Technical writing is a lot harder in the work of it than many people
realize. I'm very glad we got this guide out there and are receiving
reviews we can work against.
Let's turn this all to our advantage; make big improvements in the F7
version; and carry over the improvements to the Administration Guide.
Karsten Wade, RHCE, 108 Editor ^ Fedora Documentation Project
Sr. Developer Relations Mgr. | fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject
| gpg key: AD0E0C41