Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
On Wed, 2007-10-31 at 02:49 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> 1) For new specs going forward, introduce a mandatory sign-off from
> the documentation team. It wouldn't take more than say 10 minutes for
> every review and anyone interested could do it even as a one off
I'm really not crazy about this. I understand what you're trying to
accomplish, but our review process is already painfully slow.
We will cause additional slowdown only if the review is otherwise
complete but waiting on the docs team sign-off. Could we evaluate it as
a option. Maybe mention it in the review guidelines, let us participate
and then evaluate making in mandatory later on?
I'd rather let the documentation team go through after the fact
check the description (and fix-up, if necessary).
Ideally, the workflow would be:
1. New package passes review. Package goes into CVS.
2. Translatable strings (Summary, Review, etc, etc) get emailed to the
doc team/put into some kind of queue.
Ok. How can we make this happen? If anyone in the team wants to get
involved and fix the spec themselves, will they get access?
3. Translation team checks english for correctness, makes a
[using some sort of tool]
4. Translation team translates strings into all languages handled by the
5. When all langs are ready, task is marked complete, committed to all
branches in CVS.
6. Maintainer is notified that translations/corrections are done for
that package. Package picks up changes on next rebuild.
Seems sane enough.