From the Spins list. I know Adam Williamson recently reopened the
Could someone check the current git content and make sure we capture
this change in 'master' and any further update on the F15 branch?
----- Forwarded message from Danishka Navin <danishka(a)gmail.com> -----
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 12:50:55 +0530
From: Danishka Navin <danishka(a)gmail.com>
To: Bruno Wolff III <bruno(a)wolff.to>
Cc: The Spin Special Interest Group mailing list <spins(a)lists.fedoraproject.org>,
<rahulsundaram(a)gmail.com>, "Paul W. Frields"
Subject: Re: [Fedora-spins] 640MB memory for remix
As per our web site minimum memory requirement is 768 MB.
I think we must revert the release notes.
- 400 MHz Pentium Pro or better processor (comparable AMD, Cyrix, and VIA
processors also acceptable)
- At least 768 MB memory (RAM), 1 GB recommended for best performance
- 10 GB disk space / storage
But acording to the release notes.....
- Recommended for text-mode: 200 MHz Pentium Pro or better
- Recommended for graphical: 400 MHz Pentium Pro or better
- Minimum RAM for text-mode: 256 MiB
- Minimum RAM for graphical: 384 MiB
- Recommended RAM for graphical: 512 MiB
On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 7:27 PM, Bruno Wolff III <bruno(a)wolff.to> wrote:
On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 19:09:00 +0530,
Danishka Navin <danishka(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I just installed a Fedora 15 based remix and it asking for 640MB of
> for i386 release.
> but this was not appear when I build the same when F15 beta was
The memory requirement should drop for F16.
> Btw, There is no "Install to Hard Disk" icon in the Desktop.
I believe it should show up in favorites if you are using gnome.
For other desktops you may need to do some work to get one for your remix.
----- End forwarded message -----