RHEL 8.5 updated qt5 from 5.12 to 5.15. This allowed us to update the KDE
Plasma Desktop in epel 8 to the latest version, per the update schedule.
That update is complete, tested and pushed to epel stable.
** New Versions
qt5 - 5.15 (5.15.2 mainly)
plasma - 5.23.3
kf5 - 5.88
** Known Bugs
- When running in Wayland (not X11), the start menu and notifications pop
up in the middle of the screen instead of the side.
** Next Update
- Per the update schedule, the KDE Plasma Desktop will remain stable in
EPEL for a year. That goes for both epel8 and the upcoming epel9.
Except for bugfixes, we do not expect any updates until RHEL 8.5 and RHEL
** Packages that were not updated
These packages still work, they just aren't at the latest versions.
- kpmcore and kde-partitionmanager
-- Newer versions of kpmcore need a newer util-linux (2.33.2) (RHEL8 has
-- Newer versions of kde-partitionmanager need a newer kpmcore
-- Newer versions of digikam need opencv with the DNN libraries. They are
not compiled on the RHEL 8 version of opencv.
- ktorrent and kf5-libktorrent
-- Newer versions of ktorrent and kf5-libktorrent need boost 1.71.0 or
higher. RHEL 8 has 1.66.0
 - https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/KDE/EPEL#Update_Schedule