On March 31, 2017, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5 will move out of
"Production Phase 3". At this point various rebuilds will be ending
support for EL-5 and EPEL will be archiving EPEL-5.
What this means is the following:
1. EPEL-5 (/pub/epel/5/, /pub/epel/testing/5/) will be copied to
2. Mirrors that mirror archives will pick up EPEL-5 in it new location.
3. Mirrormanager will point to those location as the canonical places.
4. Koji will be set to no compose for EPEL-5. This effectively stops
builds from getting 'pushed' to the trees.
5. The data in /pub/epel/5 and /pub/epel/testing/5/ will be removed
and will disappear from mirrors.
Because 2017-03-31 is a Friday, these changes will occur during the next week.
Stephen J Smoogen.