As everyone knows, rhel8 was just released. Hurray!
We have been thinking and gathering input from many many people to come
up with a plan for epel8. It will not be as simple or direct as epel7
was, but I think we will have something great when we are done.
* We (Fedora infra) will setup repository syncs like we have for rhel7.
(but keeping all the upstream metadata)
* We will deploy and get working a script that will take the appstream /
modular repo and split it into per module repos.
* We will figure out what modules are 'default' or buildroot only.
* We will build a koji package with
applied (to handle merging
external repos with module metadata).
* We will build a createrepo_c package with
handle merging modular repodata) and
handle the --pkgsorigins call that the above koji patch uses.
* Install new koji and createrepo_c in our staging env.
* Setup all the koji tags and tagets we need for epel8 builds, including
external repos of just baseos/crb and the default/buildroot only modules.
* Do some initial building with this setup and see what blows up.
Once we are pretty sure everything is working, next steps would be:
* Setup everything above in production.
* Open epel8 for branching / add to bodhi / add to various other places.
* Wait for mbs to handle this setup in order to support modular building
Thoughts? Anything we didn't think of?