Please do not reply directly to this email. All additional
comments should be made in the comments box of this bug.
--- Comment #6 from Padmanabhan V. K. <bugzillas+padREMOVETHISdu(a)gmail.com>
2009-01-07 23:51:13 EDT ---
Created an attachment (id=328437)
Incorrect rendering of U0CAA U0CCA U0CAB U0CCA
Wrong Conjuct combinations are formed for U0CAA+U0CCA, U0CAB+U0CCA,
U0CAA+U0CCB, and U0CAB+U0CCB as well.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
1. Every Time
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open gnome-character-map.
2. Select U0CAA followed by U0CCA followed by U0CAB followed by U0CCA.
As shown in the attached image
As shown by the following steps:
1. Install http://kannadakasturi.com/font/brhknd.ttf
2. Open http://kannadakasturi.com/includes/transliterate.asp
3. Enter the combination poPo.
1. The fonts from http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=56358
also show the glyphs like kannadakasturi.com
instead of like Lohit Kannada.
2. This is similar to the earlier issue reported here.
3. Using the program from http://gfontview.sourceforge.net/
it is seen that
there already are glyphs in the font named U0CAC_U0CCA.pstf [can be renamed to
the more appropriate U0CAA_U0CCA.pstf?] and U0CAB_U0CC3.abvs_U0CC0.psts [can be
renamed to U0CAB_U0CCA.pstf?] which show the conjuncts like kannadakasturi.com
Only the mappings between the character combinations and the glyphs to be
displayed seem to be incorrect.
Hence I assume Lohit Kannada is at fault and not the other fonts.
Configure bugmail: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug.