I am sure, most of the people working with Fedora I18N, L10N from 5-6
year must be aware regarding Fedora L10N Steering Committee.  As far
as i know this committee was active around 2009 and very effective.
During Fedora G11N activity day discussions, we again felt there is
need for some kind of official committee to drive Fedora Globalization
activities. Fedora is growing faster with number of different domains
and G11N also need to adapt those changes quickly to remain on the track.
For this purpose and in line with , we were thinking of Fedora
Globalization steering committee. I have created initial proposal for
Its open for feedback, please feel free to share other active members,
discuss in your respective language groups. This is just initial
proposal and i am sure, we can improve and make it more effective with
I have looked through devel team schedule closer, and decided to propose
the move of all software translation related events rather than the add
another translation deadline, to minimize the impact to devel and
Rel-Eng teams. However I only have translator's view and not
developer's. If you think this is impossible with some reason, let me
know. Also it is much appreciated any input.
On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 3:21 PM, Jean-Baptiste Holcroft
>> Can you please describe the process and tell it is the same for every
>> languages ?
Not that much different to others. POT is available on Zanata and the
latest one is expected to be translated.
>> Different teams translate man pages :
>> https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/translations.html and I see the
>> possibility to translate for these languages in Zanata.
I know there are some teams working on translating man-pages. but they
are managing the source on the their own repo for their targeted
Ideallly l10n version of man-pages should be up-to-date with the
English version and sync up the release to prevent the outdated. this
is/was the first step to unity them into one for l10n version and this
sort of infrastructure should be moved into upstream in the future.
> Jean-Baptiste Holcroft
can you please tell us what are the goald of those FAS group ?
Translation CVS Commit Group (cvsl10n) -> Karsten Wade kwade(a)redhat.com
l10n Commit Group (l10n-commits) -> Dimitris Glezos dimitris(a)glezos.com
l10n Admin Group (l10n-admin) ->Dimitris Glezos dimitris(a)glezos.com
Localization (L10n) Editors (l10n-editor) -> Diego Búrigo Zacarão
if no answer in the next weeks, I will assume they are not in use anymore.
Thanks for your help,
We have our bi-weekly team meeting tomorrow. Agenda is available at 
Feel free to add missing points.
Since its just 3-4 days before F25 Translation sprint, feel free to bring
in topics regarding it :)
Dear globalization, translation and internationalization teams,
just a kind remember : when you are using wiki and want to link to an
other wiki page, please use wiki links and not full URL.
You just have to write your link like this : [[My wiki page]]
For more information about how to do it :
For example there is 4 "bad" links on "I18N" page (2 on "L10N" page)
=> should be [[Lohit fonts]]
Why is it important ? It gives the possibility to know every pages
related to "Lohit fonts", so if we want to rename it, merge it with
another page or delete it, we can make sure we do not create broken
links. More details on features :
According to the tool, our wiki exists since 16:24, 24 May 2008, so
there is a lot of old stuff to manage !
Thanks for your understanding and help !
1. In a perfect world, a bot would do the cleanup, but I got lost in all
the mediawiki tools and stuff and haven't found one, if anyone knows
one, let me know by private message.
2. You cannot edit anymore ? Search "cvsl10n" group in FAS
(https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts), join it, and ask your
language coordinator to sponsor you
It has been busy period for most of us including flock, coming back from
flock and completing pending work. We are lucky enough to have one week
slip and now Software Translation Deadline is 13th Sept 2016.  We have
1 week for planning and 1 week for execution. If there is no objection i
think with earlier success we should plan for Fedora 25 translation sprint
For reference Fedora 24 plan is here. 
For Fedora 25, most important thing is identifying important packages.
Existing list is here 
We need small group to update this list. [I am not sure about Website at
From Fedora 24 sprint, we are now bit more experienced regarding other
plannings item and i think it should be straight forward, i hope same
members will participate again and new members are always welcome :)
Minutes of meeting are as follows
#fedora-meeting: g11n (l10n focused)
Meeting started by pravins at 19:30:11 UTC. The full logs are available
* agenda and roll call (pravins, 19:30:11)
* https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/G11N/Meetings/2016-08-25 (pravins,
* Upcoming schedule (pravins, 19:32:45)
* 2016-08-30 Alpha Release (pravins, 19:32:45)
* 2016-09-13 Software Translation Deadline (pravins, 19:32:45)
* 2016-09-27 Beta Freeze (*) (pravins, 19:32:45)
* Fedora 25 Virtual translation sprint (pravins, 19:33:57)
* LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/G11N/ticket/29 (pravins, 19:33:58)
* AGREED: Sprint dates 3rd-9th September. (pravins, 19:40:07)
* LINK: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N_GUI (noriko, 19:44:22)
* L10N_GUI packages list already reviewed and updated by Piotr.
* IDEA: keep to the current list and invite languages to select
themself if they want to target other packages from fedora/gnome or
other packages (and they can talk about it) (pravins, 19:49:58)
* Make sure to add info in announcement email regarding Language team
can select more packages that list as per requirements. (pravins,
* Artwork is ready for badges from F24 sprint. (pravins, 19:57:03)
* If language teams are planning local meetup and need any budget, do
contact to list. we can try to work with council. (pravins,
* FAD proposals (pravins, 20:06:20)
* Globalization steering committee (pravins, 20:11:45)
* Mismatch in Zanata username and FAS name (pravins, 20:27:21)
* LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/G11N/ticket/22 (pravins, 20:27:22)
* Implementing Fedora badges for translations in Zanata (pravins,
* LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/G11N/ticket/19 (pravins, 20:27:22)
* LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/G11N/ticket/22, done, Zanata 4.0
* LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/G11N/ticket/19, done with webhook,
4.0 (aeng, 20:28:28)
* Zanata 4.0 is planned to deployed around November. (pravins,
* Tracking translation bugs through list (pravins, 20:30:04)
* LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/G11N/ticket/25 (pravins, 20:30:04)
* Open Floor (pravins, 20:33:14)
Meeting ended at 20:37:12 UTC.
Action Items, by person
People Present (lines said)
* pravins (176)
* jibecfed (25)
* aeng (25)
* x3mboy (25)
* zodbot (21)
* thunderbirdtr (15)
* noriko (14)
* jflory7 (10)
* augenauf (10)
* jonatoni (9)
Generated by `MeetBot`_ 0.1.4
.. _`MeetBot`: http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBothttps://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2016-08-25/