I would like to move ghc to 7.10.2 for F24,
and I have started working on this locally in the background:
some needed version bumps have gone to package git already
(but not koji - please don't build any unless you can do
all the necessary legwork (ie rebuilding)). I also updated fhbuild
in fedora-haskell-tools to work better.
I am using ghc and ghc-rpm-macros from my ghc-7.10.2 copr to test all this.
As expected various packages need updating and new deps
to build with ghc-7.10. Here are the current remaining problems:
(new packages in [ ] have filed package reviews - see below)
* haskell-platform epoch? :-(
* pandoc: needs [filemanip] and cmark (filed review for [libcmark]
(CommonMark in C))
* Agda needs geniplate-mirror (replaces geniplate)
* nats to be retired (subsumed by base-4.8)
* hashed-storage fails → darcs
* haskell-platform epoch? :-(
* pandoc-citeproc (new deps) -> hakyll
* hledger-lib (new deps) → hledger
* snap-core (needs [time-locale-compat]) → snap-server → hakyll
* warp (newer deps) → scotty
* git-annex (compile): needs [sandi]
* idris (fails/new deps)
* hlint needs: [extra]
* shake needs: [extra] js-flot js-jquery
* bustle fails
- shelly (new deps)
- happstack-server (BuildingBlocks error)
- haddock needs haddock-api
- ↳ leksah-server (we don't have leksah anymore though)
- ltk (dep vers)
- glade (ambiguity) → bluetime
- citeproc-hs (compile)
- monad-unify fails (not in Stackage): Alternative deriving
- IOSpec fails (Applicative)
- hint (System.IO.UTF8)
- brainfuck (compile)
(some of these could just be dropped IMO).
Next I want to rework fhbz since cblrepo no longer works for me: my
idea now is that it should diff our version with the latest package
version on Stackage and report if there any are new deps. If there
aren't then it should be good to go.
Various package reviews are needed/blocking ghc-7.10:
(Note the results above assume these two packages or there would be
many more failures, ie these are critical blockers)
[libcmark]: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1266429 (C package)
mtl-compat (maybe can be patched around?):
Some more reviews will be needed from the above lists.
Do please help, so that we are not blocked until Xmas! :)
I think we should still try to do a Haskell Package Review Activity
Week soon to help catch up. If you look everywhere in the Distro
fields in Hackage you can see Fedora is behind the rest. :-(
Jens, do you want to create the haskell-sig group on Copr? We can move
updates there and make other repos for things like git-annex, yesod, and
hledger, It seems that I am not part of the haskell-sig in FAS though?
Or at least it isn't showing up.
On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 12:11 AM, Daniel Miranda <danielkza2(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I've recently came upon your Pandoc COPR, which has been hugely helpful to
> me while writing my undergraduate dissertation.
That's nice. :)
> If it will not be too much of an abuse, I'd like to ask if it would be
> possible to update it with Pandoc 1.15.1, which contains some improvements
> for language handling that I would like to make use of.
Okay done - actually to 220.127.116.11.
> Thank you very much for you effort.
> Daniel Miranda