--- Comment #84 from Nathan Bibb <nathanbibb(a)gmail.com> ---
Just an update on my particular journey here, in case anyone is having the same
issue and looking for a fix. General series of event is as follows:
1. On upgrading to Fedora 31, I was hit with the Pango issue, as I use the Dina
bitmap font for Terminal, GEdit and other text programs.
2. I reformatted my machine with a fresh install, and immediately downgraded
pango as indicated in Comment 28.
3. Things were fine until earlier this week, when Nautilus failed to launch as
I reported in Comment 81.
4. I tried every combination of fonttosfnt (Comment 4), fonttosfnt-x (Comment
11), the otb terminus-fonts (Comment 11), and fontforge (Comment 83). In every
case, I got blank fonts. I cannot figure out why this is happening.
I began to suspect that there was something broken on my system, so I spun up a
new Fedora 31 installation in Gnome Boxes, and got the following results:
1. fonttosfnt (Comment 4) still gave me the error "Couldn't select character
2. The otb terminus-fonts from the fedora-fixes copr (Comment 11) worked fine
3. fonttosfnt-x from the fedora-fixes copr (Comment 11) worked to convert the
Dina font, which satisfied my requirement
I didn't try fontforge since #3 got me where I wanted.
So it looks like some combination of downgrades and maybe other packages/repo
installations broke something on my system. Unfortunately, I think my next
step is a clean re-installation of my system.
Hope this helps somebody. Sorry if this bug report is the wrong place for
this, but I wasn't sure where else to post this info.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.