Please do not reply directly to this email. All additional
comments should be made in the comments box of this bug.
--- Comment #3 from Ding-Yi Chen <dchen(a)redhat.com> 2009-08-10 23:29:36 EDT ---
Finally gcin's author agree to release gcin voice under GPL.
However, I would like to put the voice in bigger framework, see:
IMHO there are at least several ways to achieve that:
1. gcin voice data is packed as voicedata-zh_TW-gcin-EdwardLiu, while
we made the gcin-voice subpackage which requires
and make necessary links.
2. gcin voice data is packed as gcin subpackage, gcin-voice, while
voicedata-zh_TW-gcin-EdwardLiu requires gcin-voice, and make necessary links.
3. Like 2, but gcin-voice is a standalone package.
4. Do nothing, except mentioning "Install voicedata-zh_TW-gcin-EdwardLiu
to 'enable speak-as-you-type'"
1) and 4) is preferred as it won't drag in unwanted additional dependency,
while 2) requires gcin, and 3) is not very informative.
What do you reckon?
Configure bugmail: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug.