--- Comment #26 from David Kaspar [Dee'Kej] <dkaspar(a)redhat.com> ---
(In reply to Nicolas Mailhot from comment #10)
That's a poor situation to be in, but yes the minimum would be to
OpenType¹ versions as required by Fedora packaging guidelines, and maybe
hide somewhere the Type1/AFM versions for GS private use (after asking
Fesco). The first priority would be to avoid Ghostscript blocking progress
in other apps that want to use those fonts. If that can help you in any way,
you have my blessing, for the little it is worth.
So, to clarify few things:
* The OTF format files are shipped now as well. I have decided to not create a
special subpackage for the Type1/AFM files, even though I was considering it
firstly. Creating this package would create a lot of confussion for many people
out there, and given current state of the problem I didn't want to add oil into
fire. The OTF files are not so big (for these days), so they are shipped right
along the *.t1 and *.afm files.
* I didn't go to FESco for permission, because it would be a waste of time for
both me and them. There's not other solution at the moment so we could choose
from. Current state is the one that I have to support if I don't want to break
things for our users, and FESco approval doesn't have any significance right
now for this case.
Anyway, please report any problems that you might find. Thank you! ;)
P.S.: I have merged the Nimbus Sans and Nimbus Sans Narrow, as you requested
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.