N.Brack <nicolas.brack(a)mail.be> changed:
What |Removed |Added
--- Comment #3 from N.Brack <nicolas.brack(a)mail.be> ---
I'm not on my linux computer often lately, so I didn't upadet the issue yet.
But it might get long before I get the time, so I did reproduce the exact same
bug on a fedora VM on Virtual Box.
By the way, qwerty and dvorak happens to have the key at the same place, so
CTRL+A won't help to detect the bug.
Steps to reproduce
1. Install a new fedora distribution. Select US/Dvorak whenever possible.
2. On you fresh fedora, install Gimp and Inkscape
3. On the gnome settings "Regions&Languages", add a new keyboard :
4. Make sure you have the dvorak keyboard selected in gnome.
5. Launch Gimp and Inkscape
6. In gimp press the dvorak CTRL+N. It correspond on CTRL+L on you keyboard if
it's print with the qwerty layout. As expected, a new document is (asked to
7. Do the same step in inkscape, pressing the dvorak CTRL+N. Again, as
expected a new document is created.
8. Switch you layout to qwerty using the ibus icon on top right.
9. In gimp, press the qwerty CTRL+N. So I'm speakingt of the keys actually
labelled CTRL and N on a qwerty keyboard. As expected, a new document is
10. Repeat the same step in inkscape. The scrollbars of the current document
appears/disappears, as if we pressed CTRL+B. If the layout was set to dvorak,
we would actually press CTRL+B by pressing CTRL and the key labelled N on a
keyboard printed with a qwerty keymap.
Note. We already see a chang. of behavior here. Gimp treats CTRL+Key as the
current keymap while Inkscape keeps treating them as the original Dvorak
11. In gimp, press the qwerty CTRL+L, (which correspond to the CTRL+N in
dvorak). As expected, the "layers" dialog is selected.
12. Press the same keys in inkscape. Now, a new document is created as if we
did press CTRL+N in dvorak.
12. open a terminal and enter `setxkbmap us`.
13. Repeat step 9. Gimp should behaves the same
14. Repeat setp 10. Now inkscape creates a new document, which is the exact
same behavior as gimp.
15. Repeat step 11. Gimp should behaves the same.
16. Repeat step 12. Inscape should notify you have to select a path. If you
create one and select it, and then doing this step, the path is simplified as
if we pressed CTRL+L. The behavior is the same as in gimp.
17. Switch you layout to dvorak using the ibus icon on top right.
18. Type in a terminal. Your input is still qwerty. Ibus is basically not
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.
Unsubscribe from this bug