You are getting this email because you are in the 'fi-apprentice' group
in the fedora account system (or are reading this on the
Feel free to reply just directly to me, or cc the infrastructure list
for everyone to see and comment on.
At the first of every month(or so), I am going to be sending out an
email like this one. I would like feedback on how things are going for
I'd like to ask for everyone to send me a quick reply with the
following data or anything related you can think of that might help us
make the apprentice program more useful.
0. Whats your fedora account system login?
1. Have you logged in and used your fi-apprentice membership to look at
our machines/setup in the last month? Do you plan to?
2. Has it helped you decide any area you wish to focus on or contribute
3. Have you looked at or been able to work on any of the fi-apprentice
4. Do you still wish to be a member of the group? If not (for whatever
reason) could you provide any hints to help others down the road?
5. Is there any help or communication or ideas you have that would help
you do any of the above?
6. What do you find to be the hardest part of getting involved?
Finding things to work on? Getting attention from others to help you?
Finding tickets in your interest area?
7. Have you been able to make any weekly irc meetings? Do you find them
helpful or interesting?
8. Have you logged into our Gobby instance and read/seen/added to our
meeting agenda? https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Gobby
9. What was the very last package you installed on your
Fedora/RHEL/whatever machine? 'rpm -qa --last | head -1'
Any other general feedback is also quite welcome, including
improvements to this email, the wiki page, etc.
Any folks I do not hear from in the next week will be removed from the
group. (Note that it's easy to be readded when you have time or
whatever and it's nothing at all personal, we just want to keep the
group up to date with active folks).
Thanks, and looking forward to your feedback!
Good Morning Everyone,
I just cut a new pkgdb2 release: 2.2
Here is the corresponding changelog:
* Tue Mar 08 2016 Pierre-Yves Chibon <pingou(a)pingoured.fr> - 2.2-1
- Update to 2.2
- Update update_package_info.py to support namespacing and report all unknown
- Fix pagination when searching the list of packages to preserve the motif
searched and thus actually allow to go to page two
- Add link to the user's page on the page listing pending ACL requests
- Allow specifying the monitoring and the koschei status when asking or creating
a new package
- Allow specifying co-maintainers when requesting a new package to be added
Note to admin processing the new package requests, please use the latest version
of packagedb-cli: packagedb-cli-2.11-1.fc23 (in updates-testing in bodhi).
Good Morning everyone,
I just cut a new release of our kerneltest-harness app: 1.1.1
Here is the changelog:
* Sat Mar 05 2016 Pierre-Yves Chibon <pingou(a)pingoured.fr> - 1.1.1-1
- Update to 1.1.1
- Fix imports to avoid circular imports
- Increase the size of allowed uploads to max 25Kb by default
- Add fedmenu integration
- Start python3 support
I had made a 1.1 release but had forgot to pull upstream changes first, so I
ended up making another one.
Happy kernel testing,
My name is Noel McLoughlin and I'm based in the Europe/Dublin time zone.
I have about 15 years Unix experience (Solaris, Linux), strong bash, some
python, RHCE level. Most I work in systems integration and solutions and
rarely do software development. I joined Fedora community to learn Fedora,
do some rawhide QA work and raise some BZ's. I would like to contribute
about 4hrs/week to fedora infrastructure team and am taking first steps to
gain familiarization with fedora infra.
I have taken a ticket (*#5128: find and clean up any references to puppet
in infra-docs)**, successfully accessed **bastion* and setup
/etc/.ssh/config as documented.
Not sure where to go next. Maybe next step is to find a mentor/sponsor.
* [noelmcloughlin@bastion01 ~]$ ssh noelmcloughlin@ask01 Permission
denied (publickey). [noelmcloughlin@bastion01 ~]$ ssh