On Fri, 2010-09-03 at 11:48 -0400, Todd Zullinger wrote:
seth vidal wrote:
> okay - I've found a usecase for this, now.
> bxen04 was renamed from another name - the make-minion-conf never
> got reran so func was just not working.. If it was a thing in puppet
> it would have been working.
> so... seems like your recommendation is a good one.
Apologies for not getting it tested on people1 like we talked about
the other day. Work took precedence. But, I did find a nice hole in
my current patch when I deployed it in another environment. The
Puppet[:hostcert] and Puppet[:hostprivkey] get evaluate by the puppet
master, and end up being invalid on the clients. I ended up using:
cert_file = <%= Puppet[:certdir] %>/<%= fqdn %>.pem
key_file = <%= Puppet[:privatekeydir] %>/<%= fqdn %>.pem
in my environment, but that's not quite as nice as I'd envisioned.
(And, of course, your test plan was well founded. I should know
better. I'm glad you did. :)
I'll hopefully have time to update the patch in infrastructure and
test this on people1 in the next few days. I'll ping you on irc
before I do so, to make sure someone is around in case it doesn't work
out. I have deployed this at work though, and it's working nicely
there, so I'm more confident.
thanks. I'm around until next friday then I'll be AFK for a while.