On Mon, 2015-07-06 at 11:03 -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
You are getting this email because you are in the 'fi-apprentice'
in the fedora account system (or are reading this on the
Feel free to reply just directly to me, or cc the infrastructure list
for everyone to see and comment on.
At the first of every month(or so), I am going to be sending out an
email like this one. I would like feedback on how things are going
I'd like to ask for everyone to send me a quick reply with the
following data or anything related you can think of that might help
make the apprentice program more useful.
0. Whats your fedora account system login?
1. Have you logged in and used your fi-apprentice membership to look
our machines/setup in the last month? Do you plan to?
To be honest, this is the first time I hear about fi-apprentice group,
and I wasn't even aware I could ssh already.
I registered for the first time about a month ago and I thought the
only info available was pages like
So thank you for this email! It has very useful info for me to start
I've just configured ssh keys and waiting for servers to sync to start
2. Has it helped you decide any area you wish to focus on or
3. Have you looked at or been able to work on any of the fi
There's a ticket I can help with, but not sure of the process. Waiting
4. Do you still wish to be a member of the group? If not (for
reason) could you provide any hints to help others down the road?
5. Is there any help or communication or ideas you have that would
you do any of the above?
I'm guessing I was added to fi-apprentice automatically after I
registered for the infrastructure mailing list. Perhaps, it would have
been useful to get an automatic welcome email with useful info for
newbies like me (e.g.: link to wiki page about this group, etc.)?
6. What do you find to be the hardest part of getting involved?
Finding things to work on? Getting attention from others to help you?
Finding tickets in your interest area?
Getting the right info feels like a maze!! But getting there....
7. Have you been able to make any weekly irc meetings? Do you find
helpful or interesting?
Not attended any yet
8. Have you logged into our Gobby instance and read/seen/added to our
meeting agenda? https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Gobby
9. What was the last game you played?
Sadly, not any recently
Any other general feedback is also quite welcome, including
improvements to this email, the wiki page, etc.
Any folks I do not hear from in the next week will be removed from
group. (Note that it's easy to be readded when you have time or
whatever and it's nothing at all personal, we just want to keep the
group up to date with active folks).
Thanks, and looking forward to your feedback!
infrastructure mailing list