On 07/02/2016 01:01 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
You are getting this email because you are in the
in the fedora account system (or are reading this on the
Feel free to reply just directly to me, or cc the infrastructure list
for everyone to see and comment on.
At the first of every month(or so), I am going to be sending out an
email like this one. I would like feedback on how things are going for
I'd like to ask for everyone to send me a quick reply with the
following data or anything related you can think of that might help us
make the apprentice program more useful.
0. Whats your fedora account system login?
1. Have you logged in and used your fi-apprentice membership to look
our machines/setup in the last month? Do you plan to?
Yes, I have. I haven't dived too deep into evaluating the systems, but
I've taken a peek into some of them, batcave especially.
2. Has it helped you decide any area you wish to focus on or
It's helped strengthen my understanding of where I want to contribute,
along with my GSoC project proposal.
3. Have you looked at or been able to work on any of the
Not yet. I may look into some after the summer.
4. Do you still wish to be a member of the group? If not (for
reason) could you provide any hints to help others down the road?
5. Is there any help or communication or ideas you have that would
you do any of the above?
Nothing presently, although just reading some of the Ansible playbooks /
roles written in Infra are pretty insightful.
6. What do you find to be the hardest part of getting involved?
Finding things to work on? Getting attention from others to help you?
Finding tickets in your interest area?
I think it's sometimes knowing the right questions to ask for help. I
always try to look up an answer to a problem to avoid wasting anyone's
time with a trivial question, but sometimes it might just be easier to
ask for pointers.
7. Have you been able to make any weekly irc meetings? Do you find
helpful or interesting?
Yes, I always find the learning sections valuable when they're held.
8. Have you logged into our Gobby instance and read/seen/added to
meeting agenda? https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Gobby
9. When was the last time it rained where you are?
It's not raining yet, but by the sounds of outside, it won't be long. :)
Any other general feedback is also quite welcome, including
improvements to this email, the wiki page, etc.
Any folks I do not hear from in the next week will be removed from the
group. (Note that it's easy to be readded when you have time or
whatever and it's nothing at all personal, we just want to keep the
group up to date with active folks).
Thanks, and looking forward to your feedback!
Justin W. Flory