Fedora Community Lead & Council Member
----- Original Message -----
From: "Kevin Fenzi" <kevin(a)scrye.com>
To: fi-apprentice-members(a)fedoraproject.org, "Fedora Infrastructure"
Sent: Monday, June 1, 2015 10:07:05 AM
Subject: June status update for Fedora Infrastructure Apprentices
You are getting this email because you are in the 'fi-apprentice' group
in the fedora account system (or are reading this on the
Feel free to reply just directly to me, or cc the infrastructure list
for everyone to see and comment on.
At the first of every month(or so), I am going to be sending out an
email like this one. I would like feedback on how things are going for
I'd like to ask for everyone to send me a quick reply with the
following data or anything related you can think of that might help us
make the apprentice program more useful.
0. Whats your fedora account system login?
1. Have you logged in and used your fi-apprentice membership to look at
our machines/setup in the last month? Do you plan to?
No, but I'm *very* new to fi-apprentice. I do plan to, to help wrangle fedora-hubs
prototype code, and perhaps experiement some one-off webapps.
2. Has it helped you decide any area you wish to focus on or contribute
I haven't logged in yet, so N/A.
3. Have you looked at or been able to work on any of the fi-apprentice
I have, and I'm *quite* interested in helping with #3617 :)
4. Do you still wish to be a member of the group? If not (for whatever
reason) could you provide any hints to help others down the road?
5. Is there any help or communication or ideas you have that would help
you do any of the above?
I'd be interested in helping to populate the Fedora-Infra Hubs page, so that we can
pose these questions (and answers) to potential new contributors :)
6. What do you find to be the hardest part of getting involved?
Finding things to work on? Getting attention from others to help you?
Finding tickets in your interest area?
Easy-fix tickets I spose. The queue is definitely pretty dated...
7. Have you been able to make any weekly irc meetings? Do you find them
helpful or interesting?
Historically, I have had conflicting meetings as a professor teaching courses, but those
are done now as of 1 week ago :)
8. Have you logged into our Gobby instance and read/seen/added to our
meeting agenda? https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Gobby
I was able to make the last meeting, and I did connect to Gobby.
9. If you could go to any place on earth for a vacation, where would it
Somewhere with lots of snow, and lots of bandwidth :)
Any other general feedback is also quite welcome, including
improvements to this email, the wiki page, etc.
Moving forward with Hubs, there is an opportunity to corral all the things, and I want to
help make that happen. I am *horribly* biased, but I think there is much potential for
things like fedmsg and fedora badges. I will continue getting more involved and learning
as much as I can.
Any folks I do not hear from in the next week will be removed from the
group. (Note that it's easy to be readded when you have time or
whatever and it's nothing at all personal, we just want to keep the
group up to date with active folks).
Thanks, and looking forward to your feedback!